Registration Information and Inquiry Process
Registration for South Louisiana Giving Day will begin on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 and end on Thursday, March 1, 2018. Interested nonprofit organizations, churches and schools wishing to participate are required to attend at least one informational/training meeting prior to registering.
Final Training Meeting:
- Wednesday, February 21, 9 AM @ CFA Office, 1035 Camellia Blvd., Ste. 100, Lafayette, 70508
- CLICK HERE TO RSVP
Click here - https://youtu.be/YL1LBiaVrvM
Who can participate?
Eligible organizations are:
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations headquartered or providing services in Louisiana.
- Registered and in good standing with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- Public and private schools are eligible. Please contact your school board office for details.
- Churches are eligible to participate
Why should my organization participate?
South Louisiana Giving Day is a great way to boost your organization's fundraising efforts. Our event allows nonprofit organizations, churches and schools to reach potential new donors with the visibility that only a statewide effort can generate. To ensure success, your profile needs to be updated on www.SouthLouisianaGivingDay.org and custom-branded to tell your story.
How do I register?
When the registration period opens on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, you are required to submit an electronic inquiry form. Follow instructions below to complete your inquiry form.
- Visit www.SouthLouisianaGivingDay.org
- Hover over "Login" in the top right corner; click on "Nonprofit"
- Click on "Click here to register for South Louisiana Giving Day 2018!"
- Fill out an inquiry form and hit "Submit"
- Confirmation email is sent
- Once approved, you'll receive an email with a link to your profile page
- Open email and click on the link, or copy & paste the link in a new browser
- Create a password
- Click on "Organizations"
- Proof content in Profile Status
- Click on "Edit Organization Profile" to make changes, if needed
- Submit for approval
- Visit SouthLouisianaGivingDay.org
- Hover over "Donate"; click on "Organization" to view your profile
- Promote your profile and start fundraising
Once we receive your electronic inquiry form, it will be determined if you qualify to participate. If approved, you'll receive an email from us with login and password information. Once you've created your password, you'll have access to your personal profile page. You are required to set up your profile page within five (5) days of approval. For assistance with setting up your profile, email email@example.com.
Items needed to participate
- EIN Number and IRS Tax Determination Letter
- A brief description about your organization and your fundraising efforts/goal
- Photos that best represents your organization
- A logo that represents your organization
- A website address (if available)
- Links to your social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages
- A video featuring your organization (if available)
Can more than one person claim admin access on our organization's page?
Yes, pending approval from existing administrators. An administrator of your organization's profile can add additional people to be administrators. This can be done in the back-end section of the organizations profile page. Every person with administrative access can make changes to the content on their profile, as well as add and change photos and videos.
What is the deadline to ensure my participation in South Louisiana Giving Day?
The registration period for South Louisiana Giving Day is January 16 - March 1, 2018.
What is the cost to register my organization?
There is no charge to nonprofit organizations, churches and schools to participate.
How can our organization be most successful with South Louisiana Giving Day?
Attend a registration/training session and check out our tips in the Toolkit.
Who can our organization contact if we have questions about South Louisiana Giving Day?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or comments.